Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Little Things

It can be easy to overlook a lot of the wonderful things that happen each day. But today I was lucky enough to sit down and realize how much I enjoy Oliver and Cecily. 

Since we had such a busy day today from playing chauffeur, play dates, doctor appointments, to shopping trips the kids held up really well on little sleep and no snack time. 

Tonight, half way through dinner Cecily was ready for bed. No games or manipulation, just an "I'm tired" and a "yeeeeaaah, I wanna go to bed". Right on schedule too, as dinner was running a bit behind. 

After prepping her for bed she wanted to just chat. So she told me all about Princess Amber from Sophia and how she was dirty and didn't want to take a bath and how Prince James made her messy. Intermittently she would request another shadow puppet and get a total kick out of it (I think she just figured out  shadows)! 

And she gives the sweetest hugs. Pulling you in by the neck, she doesn't mind her face in your hair. She'll smooth it down like the natural nurturer that she is and then wait for you to hum because it tickles. 

I don't think I could have imagined a combination of such sweet, mischievous, clever, and kind attributes in a little girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment