Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pregnancy Update

Had to go to the hospital last Saturday, per the on call Doc's opinion. Luckily my water was not broken but I was having contractions every three minutes or so. They don't seem to be as consistent as that evening, but it was interesting to confirm what I was feeling with the medical equipment. I was surprised that the nurse said it would be okay and to just check in with my OB at my next appointment. In any case I thought it was a detail of this pregnancy that I wouldn't want to forget. Other symptoms that I'd like to remember include: 

• Extremely emotional - more than I have ever been in my life. Luckily I feel like I've evened out a bit, but the first two semesters were like a roller coaster!

• This little guy is very active, so much so that I can't figure out how a body can move in such ways. I even verified with my obstetrician that too much movement wasn't a negative sign of something. And at my last appointment the nurse had a hard time (5 minutes of chasing) taking a heart beat because he was moving so much. Not sure what this means for when he's outside the womb!

• I've had general heartburn with my past pregnancies but this time it is specifically chocolate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment