Monday, November 2, 2015

Can I Catch a Mermaid?

Today in the car on the way home from Homer lake.

Oliver: Mom, can we go fishing?

Mom: Maybe on the weekend sweetie.

Oliver: Can I catch a fish?

Mom: Maybe

Oliver: Can I catch a mermaid?


A few days ago while looking at some horses in a pasture . . .

Mom: . . . and they cut his mane, isn't it pretty?

Oliver: Who did?

Mom: Probably someone who takes care of the animals.

Oliver: I want to take care of all the animals and feed them.

While reading a nursery rhyme about taking the pig to market . . .

Oliver: Why is that boy taking that pig to market? 

Mom: Probably to sell him.

Oliver: Why?

Mom: So someone can eat him. 

Oliver: I'll save him. And I'll save all the animals when I grow up. 

Let's just say that our little vegetarian has said that he will 'save all the animals' on multiple occasions. Including when we ask him to try his meat at mealtime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment