Thursday, June 4, 2015

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Because it would be annoying to make everything my kids say into a Facebook status I figured it would be best to write their thought provoking comments here on my blog to relieve this urge I have to share every last minute detail of my children's lives with the world.

Yesterday while driving Cecily said the following in descriptive surprise, "Bubble-fart! Bubble-fart!" I stopped mid-conversation with John to turn around to find out if she meant what she said. But of course she did! With wide eyes she was pointing downward. It's always fun to see the excitement of your child's first experience with a bubble-fart.

Then while sitting here at the dinning table Oliver lay deeply asleep on the couch. Cecily had since woken up from her nap and was squealing and poking him in the face, and occasionally placing a witch hat on his messy bed head.  He didn't even flinch. Not until it was silent did he within an instant roll off the couch onto his feet, walked steadily over to me and said without hesitation, "I want some pizza". Somehow I feel that this is an omen, or foreshadowing of what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment